[Geany] More Features

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Nov 20 15:02:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:50:15 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2007 5:23 AM, Bo Lorentsen <bl at lue.dk> wrote:
>
> > If the plugin interface could handle key strokes, code insertion
> > handles, and be able to work directly inside the text buffer,
> > this should be do able from a plugin really soon. Maybe the
> > plugin should be able to take over the key stroke table ?
> > It would be nice to see this as a Lua script too.
>
> I just added a "development snapshot" link on the geanylua page.
>
> The new version supports assigning custom keybindings on a
> per-script basis.
>
> Check the file "docs/geanylua-keys.html" for more info...
Nice. Basically, all plugins can assign already keybindings for
themselves but they need to connect to the main window's
key-press-event and add a handler which catches the event. And in this
way, there is no way to prevent conflicting keybindings with Geany's
(as Jeff already mentioned in the geanylua docs).
We will add some interface to the plugin API which allows plugins to
assign keybindings and detect conflicts with Geany's keybindings.