[Geany] Little plugin to send files by using sylpheed

Frank Lanitz linux at xxxxx
Sun Nov 18 21:57:59 UTC 2007

Hi Harold, hi list

Sorry for my late answer.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:23:47 +0200 Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:12:05 +0200, Frank Lanitz <linux at partysoke.de>
> wrote:

> What if you'd use something like this:
>
> /usr/lib/thunar/thunar-sendto-email %F

It's a nice idea and since you wrote this mail I was thinking about
it ;) On the one hand it would allow the plugin to work with other
mailers then sylpheed, but it would also cause a dependency
against XFCE/Thunar and IMHO it would just move the problem to another
point and solves nearly nothing. (Since I'm using XFCE, I don't care
much about it ;) )

What we really need is something like $EDITOR that works on
every platforms including Windows. Without this we need another dialog
to set up path to the binary, parameters .... and to be honest, I
really don't want to realise that at this moment ;)

Regards,
Frank