Network working (was: Re: [Geany] More Features)

Frank Lanitz linux at xxxxx
Sun Nov 18 21:35:16 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:31:15 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > Network: A friend of my have this nice idea of making a
> > distributing editor environment where more than one person could
> > work on the same file, while talking on the phone or using IM of a
> > kind.
> This is a completely different kind of applications with different
> needs and purposes. Furthermore, there are already a couple of
> projects to provide such apps. I'm not completely sure at the moment,
> but some time ago I read something about this and IIRC there were
> three well-known applications mentioned, but I don't remember the
> names, sorry.

There was an article at linux.user (a german Linux mag) in 9/2007
about a tool called gobby (1). I never tested it, but the article was
really interesting and it seems that it's what Bo's friend is looking
for :D

Frank

(1) http://gobby.0x539.de