[Geany] Symbol list whitespace

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Nov 19 17:08:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:34:36 +0000, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:37:38 +0100
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:49:02 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
> > wrote:

> > > I just checked out this hidden pref, and I like it!
> > >
> > > Although, it'll probably look a bit better if the headings
> > > (Funcions, Variables, etc) were a bit more distinct (bold/darker
> > > background/etc).
> > Ok, I tried a darker background but it doesn't look good with the
> > icons and so I committed some changes to make the section name bold.
> > At the moment this affects also the sections if the expanders are
> > shown. Right now, I'm not sure whether it looks good or whether it
> > should be disabled for the usual view. Any opinions?
>
> I haven't tried it yet, but there's also the option of setting an
> extra indent when expanders are hidden - this is in the 2.12 API.
Yes of course. I read about while adding the hidden expanders pref. But
I forget it again because it only adds an additional indentation but
now, with hidden expanders, it's just what we need.
Harold and the others, isn't it better to use some small indentation if
expanders are hidden instead of bold sections?
So, much space is saved by removing the expanders and a little is added
to keep it readable.