[Geany] More Features

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Sun Nov 18 22:31:13 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:

> I guess John would be happy about an emacs keybinding plugin ;-). But
> yes, plugins should be able to define own keybindings or even be able
> to change existing ones. Just need to be implemented.
Ok, I will be looking forward to that kind of interface in the plugin API.

> Project management is missing a discrete file list by design. We
> decided to not add a file list to the project object to keep it small
> and easy to use. Anyway, we wanted to add a file pattern option so that
> a general bunch of files could be added to the project. But as an
> alternative, the plugin API could get access to the project's config
> file and so plugins could maintain a file list for a project by
> themselves. Not sure about this.
Hmm, this would demand several implementations of the same file handling
in each and every project plugin.

And, how about the sidebar ? Will a plugin the add a tab in the notebook
in the sidebar, to integrate to Geany ?

> This is a completely different kind of applications with different
> needs and purposes.
Ok ...

/BL