[Geany] Symbol list whitespace

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 18 15:12:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:19:18 +0000, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > ...or by enabling/disabling icons in the top bar (b/w versus
> > color / red cross), just like the files tab has 'up', 'reload',
> > 'home' and 'go to'...
>
> I don't think this would be a good idea. I think usability is best
> with a treeview, but it is annoying that currently there's no way to
> configure expander child items with less (or even no) indentation.
> They always have an extra indent of the width of an expander.
>
> I just noticed for Gtk 2.12 (which I don't have yet ;-)) there's an
> option to hide expanders, which can also disable indentation - see
> gtk_tree_view_set_show_expanders(). Perhaps for Gtk 2.12 it could be
I added a hidden pref for this. With hidden expanders there is no more
indentation at all, i.e. you can't distinguish between sections and
symbols anymore. IMO, a hidden pref is sufficient for that, the
documentation is updated. The hidden pref is called:
show_symbol_list_expanders, default is TRUE.

> a popup menu toggle option. We could also add double click
> functionality to expand/collapse items.
Done.