[Geany] Symbol list whitespace

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Nov 13 14:41:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:33:03 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
wrote:

Hi,

> I use the symbol list a lot, but I don't like the whitespace on the
> left side, especially when using longer symbol names... An
> alternative is to make the symbol list take up lots of my screen
> estate, which isn't very pleasing...
I recently described in [1] how to change it:
You can decrease the amount of the used indentation a bit by editing(or
creating) your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and adding the following code:
style "geany-small-symbol-list"
{
	GtkTreeView::expander-size = 9
	GtkTreeView::horizontal-separator = 0
	GtkTreeView::indent-expanders = 0
}
widget "GeanyMainWindow.*.GtkTreeView" style "geany-small-symbol-list"

expander-size is 12 by default, you can also try lower values than 9 but
it doesn't look good, IMO. horizontal-separator is the space between
columnes, by default 2. indent-expanders is a boolean value and by
default 1.

Documentation about the properties:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkTreeView.html#GtkTreeView--allow-rules
And for gtkrc-2.0 format in general:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/gtk-Resource-Files.html

I don't know a better to decrease the indentation. It seems GTK doesn't
provide more control over this.

> I generally don't use it, but clicking on 'functions' could collapse
> the list (and maybe toggle 'bold' as an indicator that it can be
> expanded?)
I'm not sure. Maybe it could be confusing to collapse the current node
when clicking on the title by accident.

> In exchange, I'll work on the Dutch translation. ;)
Cool.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1821324&group_id=153444&atid=787794