[Geany] VFS files

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Tue Nov 13 10:33:50 UTC 2007

Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have been using Geany a bit the last few days, and its becoming a
> quite useful tool. But I can't open files that is mounted in VFS :-(
>
> Are there any plans of vfs support, or am I the only one having this need ?

Not quite sure what you mean by vfs. Usually the expression vfs is used
to describe the linux vfs layer, which is quite hard not to support...

If you mean gnome-vfs, I hope it will never be supported. To me, it just
not right to put such an abstraction layer into every user program
wanting to open a file. Fuse is a much saner approach, lets you mount
via webdav, ssh, ftp or even obex and is completely transparent to the
application.

Since fuse is standard in the kernel, I can't see a point in all this
gnome-vfs or kioslave crap anymore.

Bye
Tim