[Geany] Build on Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Nov 6 17:14:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:39:22 +0100, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
wrote:

> Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 11:01:22 +0100, Enrico Tröger
> > <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Is it my crappy Windows system or is the run command broken? I get
> >> an
> > The Run command was broken for quite a long time. I tried to fix it
> > in SVN r2017 together with a couple of other small improvements to
> > the build code.
> > It might be that currently something else of the build related code
> > is broken, I will continue working on this soon.
> >
> > Any feedback is welcome, I'll provide a SVN binary for Windows soon.
>

> Seems to work all fine for me, both the stuff with quoting filenames
> as well as executing a command.
And stopping a command(using the stopm menu item/toolbar button) should
also work now.
There was an additional problem when any of the tools(make.exe,
gcc.exe, g++.exe, ...) was specified with the full path. By parsing the
backslashes were removed before the command was executed and so it
failed (Geany tried to execute e.g. c:mingwbinmake.exe). I addded some
code to fix this by quoting the first element of the command line and
it seems to work. If anyone experiences problems, please report them.

> The only thing I notice on windows is that errors reported by make
> (invoking gcc) don't come back to the compiler window.
As Nick, I'm not sure but I guess it might be related to the used make
binary. We experienced similar problems with svn and grep.

There is still another problem:
Sometimes, the build commands(Compile, Build, Execute) won't work
giving a message that the child process couldn't be found. I still
don't know when exactly it happens and why. I will try to fix it. At
the moment, the only thing which helps is to restart Geany once it
happened. Maybe there is somewhere still a change of the working
directory which could cause this. Still no idea.