[Geany] GITdiff plugin, need help

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Mon Nov 5 17:30:50 UTC 2007

>> It shouldn't matter wich technology is behind it all...
>
> In future I think there should just be one plugin, say VCdiff for all
> common version control systems. The behaviour should be very similar,
> just with different command names, which could be stored in an array.
> Then the user just sets an option for the VC they want (or perhaps it
> could even be autodetected by looking for CVS/.svn/.hg/...
> subdirectories).

I'm not so sure this is a very good idea and worth the effort. Although
a lot of VC's share some stuff, they do have their specialities, apart
from a different command line syntax.

I don't know which way the coders of those plugins want to take, but if
they want to add further VC operations support apart from diff
(checkout,commit spring to my mind) I imagine that things would get more
complicated by putting everything under one hood instead of having a
separate plugin for each VC.

Just my 2 cents
Tim