svndiff + GITdiff = geanyVC? (was :Re: [Geany] GITdiff plugin, need help)

Frank Lanitz linux at xxxxx
Mon Nov 5 16:18:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:01:05 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> In future I think there should just be one plugin, say VCdiff for all
> common version control systems. The behaviour should be very similar,
> just with different command names, which could be stored in an array.
> Then the user just sets an option for the VC they want (or perhaps it
> could even be autodetected by looking for CVS/.svn/.hg/...
> subdirectories).

I like this idea very much. But I'd like to suggest to call it geanyVC
and set up to goal for some 1.0 to support nearly complete
functionality of the most popular version control systems svn, git
and cvs. That includes add, revert, diff, commit, checkout... I know,
it's a lot to do, but with a little help and time it should be
possible ;). Maybe we could set up a new project at sf.net, so
development of Geany will not be disturbed. What do you think about it?

Frank