[Geany] Build on Windows

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Nov 2 13:48:16 UTC 2007

On 02/11/07 13:14:52, Tim Tassonis wrote:
> Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:57:59 +0100, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
> > wrote:
> > Btw, if you are testing the code, I just committed some exit code
> > detection for Windows. I have no idea whether it works reliable but
> > few tests seemed to be good.
>
> Seems to work perfectly! Both make and compile now report
> "Compilation failed" when I get an error and "successful" when it is.
>
> The only difference to unix I now see is the missing automatic error
> line detection stuff, but this is already great!

Hmm, when I tried the compile command with gcc the error line
indicators worked as expected. Maybe there's a problem with the Make
command on Windows - do you have any extra info?

> Thanks a lot, geany truly rocks!

:)

BTW, for anyone who remembers the original discussion months ago,
Windows 2000 GIOChannel IO redirection does work, like XP, it's just
that I was using the wrong grep.exe from MSYS - works fine with
UnxUtils grep, MinGW gcc.exe, etc :p

Regards,
Nick