[Geany] Build on Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Nov 2 12:44:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:34:23 +0100, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I just noticed that build is now enabled on Windows.
>
> make seems to work, but I think there is an issue with plain compile:
>
> I created a hello.c and invoked compile, which resulted in the
> following output:
>
> gcc -Wall -c "hello.c" (in directory d:\dev\hell)
> gcc: "hello.c": Invalid argument
> gcc: No input files
> Compilation finished
>
> What seems to happen is that geany somehow "overquotes" the filename,
> as I get the same result, when on cmd.exe, when I type:
>
> gcc -Wall -c "\"hello.c\""
>
> If I type
>
> gcc -Wall -c "hello.c"
>
> It works.
Yes, I just discovered this too. It is in some way related to the
Windows API, there is something handled differently to Unix systems but
I'm sure we will find a fix. As a workaround, go in the build menu, "Set
Includes and Arguments" and remove all the quotes around any %f and %e
wildcards. This should work for hello.c, this won't work for
'hello world.c' ;-(.