[Geany] Build on Windows

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Fri Nov 2 12:34:23 UTC 2007

Hi all

I just noticed that build is now enabled on Windows.

make seems to work, but I think there is an issue with plain compile:

I created a hello.c and invoked compile, which resulted in the following
output:

gcc -Wall -c "hello.c" (in directory d:\dev\hell)
gcc: "hello.c": Invalid argument
gcc: No input files
Compilation finished

What seems to happen is that geany somehow "overquotes" the filename, as
I get the same result, when on cmd.exe, when I type:

gcc -Wall -c "\"hello.c\""

If I type

gcc -Wall -c "hello.c"

It works.

I assume therefore that on windows, gcc is not called from a shell, but
directly with exec, where the quotes are not being removed.

Tried to fix this myself, but I couldn't find the relevant bits in build.c.

Bye
Tim