[Geany] de-indent: possible bug, and a question

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed May 9 11:30:34 UTC 2007

On 05/08/2007 05:16:26 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Sun, 6 May 2007 16:35:05 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 5/5/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > class Foo(object):
> >     def foo():
> >         for in in range(10):
> >             do_something()
> >         # I want to get back to this indentation level.
> >
> > Currently, Geany makes me hit the backspace key 4 times to get back
> > there. I want a way to hit one key (or Ctrl-some_key) to do it. I
> > realize that if I were using tabs, I could just hit backspace once,
> > but I'm using spaces exclusively (as many folks do).
> Ctrl+Shift+I to decrease current indentation.
> Unfortunately, it didn't work correctly until SVN r1514. It was
> working
> only when one is using tabs and not spaces for indentation, now it
> also
> works for spaces only.
> So, Ctrl+Shift+I decreases now the indentation by the amount of the
> tab
> width(which can be set in the preferences dialog).
>
> Thanks for reporting.

I've added SVN code to remove the indent spaces when pressing backspace
when spaces are used for indentation, as I think this is more what the
user would expect. Are there any important cases where this is a
problem?

Regards,
Nick