[Geany] Geany - Different settings for different filetypes

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat May 5 14:01:20 UTC 2007

On Sat, 05 May 2007 00:47:42 +0200, maix <mailmaix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it is possible to set different settings for the filetypes, but it
> seems not to work with the tab settings.
>
> I want to do the following:
> Normal files: Tab is 2, tabs shall not be replaced with spaces
> python files: Tab is 4, tabs shall be replaced with spaces
> I therefore put this into ~/geany/geany.conf:
>   pref_editor_trail_space=true
>   pref_editor_tab_width=2
> and this in /usr/local/share/geany/filetypes.python:
>   pref_editor_tab_width=4
>   pref_editor_replace_tabs=true
> but it didn't work, python files are saved with tabs, not spaces, and
> tab is 2.
>
> in hope someone can help me, maix
Sorry, this is currently not possible. Only the settings which are
listed in the filetype definition files(filetypes.python and so on) are
available.
As a workaround you could use two different configuration directories
for Geany. Maybe the default one in ~/.geany/ for usual files and a
another one, maybe ~/.geany_py for your python files.
Then start Geany as usual for normal files and start it with
geany -c ~/.geany_py/ for your python files. I know this is not a very
good solution but it would help for the moment.