[Geany] feature request: expand text view

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri May 4 17:01:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:12:26 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing about IDE's is how much screen real estate gets taken up by
> various windows and toolbars. Often, when editing a single file, I
> wish I had more room on the screen for the text (specifically, more
> vertical lines displayed at once).
>
> I see that in Geany, under the View menu, I can toggle the following:
>
> * message window
> * toolbar
>
> and in Edit --> Prefs --> Interface tab:
>
> * Misc section, I can toggle the statusbar on and off.
> * Tab placement, I can shut off editor tabs.
>
> Now, what would be darn cool is if there were a menu item under View
> (critical: and a key combo to go with it) to allow me to toggle all
> four of those off in one fell swoop. I need the message window,
> toolbar, statusbar, and editor tabs -- just not all the time.
I added a keybinding(no menu item, at least not now) to hide most of
the additional widgets. We don't hide the notebook tabs because then
you loose control(mostly) over open files and can only switch with
keyboard shortcuts between the files.

Default shortcut is unset.

Added in SVN r1505.