[Geany] feature request: expand text view

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu May 3 16:57:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:12:26 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing about IDE's is how much screen real estate gets taken up by
> various windows and toolbars. Often, when editing a single file, I
> wish I had more room on the screen for the text (specifically, more
> vertical lines displayed at once).
>
> I see that in Geany, under the View menu, I can toggle the following:
>
> * message window
> * toolbar
>
> and in Edit --> Prefs --> Interface tab:
>
> * Misc section, I can toggle the statusbar on and off.
> * Tab placement, I can shut off editor tabs.
>
> Now, what would be darn cool is if there were a menu item under View
> (critical: and a key combo to go with it) to allow me to toggle all
> four of those off in one fell swoop. I need the message window,
> toolbar, statusbar, and editor tabs -- just not all the time.
Nice idea. I think this will get into Geany ;-).

> BTW, I see that F11 maximizes the Geany window, but that feature's not
> useful to me. I already keep the Geany window maximized vertically,
So, we remove the feature because of you? Hehe, I'm just kidding. I
added it once because I thought it would be useful for some people. To
be honestly, I never used it again. But probably it doesn't hurt anyone.