[Geany] Get Geany to use bitmap font?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu May 3 16:52:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007 12:41:34 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/3/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 May 2007 16:33:18 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> > <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Anyone know how to get Geany to use a bitmap X11 font like
> > > -Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--13-120-75-75-C-60-ISO10646-1 ?
> >
> > it depends ;-).
> > For Geany generally modifying ~/.gtkrc-2.0 should work. Somewhere in
> > the gaim FAQs it is described, if I remember correctly.
>
> Yes, you're remembering correctly, though now it's called "Pidgin"
Opps, now I remember again ;-).

> (http://www.pidgin.im/faq.php#q16), but wasn't able to figure out the
> exact incantation to get it to work for Geany.
Well, I'm not exactly sure how the widget names used in a .gtkrc-2.0
file are matched with the real widgets in an application(I should read
the docs to find out) but it is quite easy if you want to do it for all
GTK applications at once:
------snip-------
style "my_style"
{
	font_name="Bitstream Very Sans 7"
}
widget_class "*" style "my_style"
this is the first part of my .gtkrc-2.0.
You could replace widget_class ... by
widget "geany*" style "my_style" but as I told I'm not sure what we
have to do within Geany to let GTK recognise the widgets. Any pointers
are welcome.