[Geany] de-indent: possible bug, and a question

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Thu May 3 16:23:48 UTC 2007

I've got Geany set to always use spaces (4 space indents).
Autoindentation is on (set to "Advanced").

At the end of a block, I hit Enter and get the auto-indent, but then
want to back up 4 spaces. Is there a way to delete those extra 4
spaces without having to hit my backspace key 4 times?

I was hoping Shift-Tab would do it. But Shift-Tab only moves the
cursor back 4 spaces, leaving those 4 extra spaces still hanging off
the end. (Yes, I have Prefs --> Files tab --> "Strip trailing spaces"
enabled, but still, the behaviour of Shift-Tab doesn't seem right.)

I tried Shift-Ctrl-i, but that moved the cursor back only one space.
This seems like a bug (I'd expect it to behave the same as Shift-Tab).

---John