[Geany] before Geany...

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Mon Mar 19 11:27:16 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:04:44 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just curious, what editor/IDE did you use to write Geany in? (I'm
>> guessing you switched to Geany as soon as it became viable.)
> Anjuta. I liked it very much but it was a bit slow and it has many
> Gnome dependencies which are not good on a Gnome-free desktop ;-). So,
> the first lines were written with Anjuta(the old 1.2.x version) and
> once Geany became a bit usuable(read: only a few crashes within
> minutes ;-)) I used it.
>
>> Do you still use that previous editor for anything these days?
> No, since I published version 0.1, Geany had all features which I really
> need ;-). On the other hand, the features Geany now has, are really
> great and I never thought, it would develop in the way it did, yeah.
>
> I'm interested in, what editor/IDE did you (all, not only John) use
> before you got know of Geany?

Most of the time I used nedit. It depended on motif and I missed the
compile/click-on-error feature, but otherwise it was ok.

But everything else was either too bloated, too much depending on tons
of other things or too featureless.

Geany just about has everything what I need as a coder, and not much
else. So I couldn't be more pleased.

Bye
Tim