[Geany] before Geany...

Damián Viano geany at xxxxx
Sat Mar 17 13:50:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 04:20:49PM -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:50:57 +0000, Nick Treleaven
> ><nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >> Yura Semashko: I just use gdb from a terminal window. Perhaps I'll
> >> look at one of the gdb GUI frontends one day, if necessary.
> >
> >I use gdb on the console, too. Some time ago, I had a short look at ddd,
> >a graphical frontend for gdb but it didn't impressed me that much.
> >Maybe, I missed some killer features but for my usual debugger usage
> >the gdb CLI is completely sufficient.
>
> The only thing that really keeps me using DDD is the fact that I can
> think in terms of places in the code instead of filenames and line
> numbers when setting the breakpoints. Silly, I know, but I like it

	I use vim regularly, is just carved too deep in my brain that I even
have had hard times submitting forms in the web because after typing a
long text entry I ended up with ^[:wq (and yes, I know :x).

	I start up ddd for some data structures debugging, it allow me to see
my trees as graphical trees, and stuff like that. For everything else
cli gdb is more than enough.

--
Damián Viano(Des)              ¯ ¯ - _           _ - ¯ ¯
GPG: 0x6EB95A6F                 Debian ¯-_GNU_-¯ Linux