[Geany] before Geany...

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Thu Mar 15 07:38:05 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Mostly I use Geany now, but I still use NEdit sometimes,
> > mostly out of habit, but occasionally for some feature
> > Geany doesn't have (yet)

> Just curious: what features?

Macro language/record/playback, "named" instances, jump to
an externally selected line number, ctrl+tab to insert tab
chars even when "use spaces" is enabled, bookmarks, moving
tabs between windows, better regular expression support
e.g. multi-line matching and sub-expression replacement...

But on the flip side, Geany also has lots of features that
NEdit doesn't have, and because there are new releases of
Geany and GTK every few months, and new releases of NEdit
and Motif every few years (or not), it's easy to guess which
editor will be the most "complete" in the future.

 - Jeff