[Geany] before Geany...

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Mar 14 11:50:57 UTC 2007

On 03/13/2007 06:52:55 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> I'm interested in, what editor/IDE did you (all, not only John) use
> before you got know of Geany?
SciTE before Geany, and NEdit before that. Although back then I was
mainly writing scripts. I'd find it hard to work on a project without
Geany now - symbol lists are so useful. I still use NEdit occasionally
just to edit 1 or 2 lines (if Geany isn't open), because of its very
fast startup time. Sometimes Vim on a minimal system.

When hacking on Geany I use a second instance to test the code,
sometimes with a custom config directory (-c newconfdir/).

Yura Semashko: I just use gdb from a terminal window. Perhaps I'll look
at one of the gdb GUI frontends one day, if necessary.

Regards,
Nick