[Geany] before Geany...

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Wed Mar 14 10:12:21 UTC 2007

> I'm interested in, what editor/IDE did you use
> before you got know of Geany?

On Linux/X11, I have used NEdit for a long time for nearly
everything. Mostly I use Geany now, but I still use
NEdit sometimes, mostly out of habit, but occasionally
for some feature Geany doesn't have (yet)

For times when an X environment isn't available, vim
and emacs make my head hurt! My favorite console text
editor is "le"

When I'm forced to work in MS-Windows, mostly I have
used metapad or crEdit, but the Win32 version of Geany
looks promising...

Ref:
  http://www.nedit.org/
  ftp://ftp.yars.free.net/pub/source/le/