[Geany] before Geany...

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 13 18:52:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:04:44 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just curious, what editor/IDE did you use to write Geany in? (I'm
> guessing you switched to Geany as soon as it became viable.)
Anjuta. I liked it very much but it was a bit slow and it has many
Gnome dependencies which are not good on a Gnome-free desktop ;-). So,
the first lines were written with Anjuta(the old 1.2.x version) and
once Geany became a bit usuable(read: only a few crashes within
minutes ;-)) I used it.

> Do you still use that previous editor for anything these days?
No, since I published version 0.1, Geany had all features which I really
need ;-). On the other hand, the features Geany now has, are really
great and I never thought, it would develop in the way it did, yeah.

I'm interested in, what editor/IDE did you (all, not only John) use
before you got know of Geany?