[Geany] req: gtk spellceck in geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Mar 12 16:05:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:24:52 +0100, Jelle de Jong
<jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:

Hi,

> Then I would like to use geany as a all in one tool if it uses the
> same spell checker database as firefox, thunderbird, openoffice and
> gedit (gtkspell and aspell) this would be nice.
If this feature will come, it probably will use aspell. But it isn't
that easy at all because gtkspell can't be used. gtkspell is based on
GtkTextView as the editing component but we use Scintilla. AFAIK there
is nothing similar available for Scintilla.
One solution could be (just a thought, I didn't do any
investigation ;-)) to send the text of the editor to aspell, parse
aspell's output and mark the appropriate words in Geany with red
squiggle lines. But I assume this would take much effort too implement
and could slow down the usual work process. But as told before, I
didn't do any investigation. At the moment, I can only say please be
patient.

In the meantime, think about John's suggestion...;-)

> Another thing is the lacking of a gtkprint dialogue! can this be
> implemented. I have a lot of printers and changing the lpr command is
> not very user friendly.
It will come, unfortunately I have no idea when.