[Geany] About the colour of the background

std05073 at di.uoa.gr std05073 at xxxxx
Sat Mar 10 22:38:51 UTC 2007

Αρχικό μήνυμα από  Enrico TrΓΆger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:

> On Thu,  8 Mar 2007 20:57:11 +0200, std05073 at di.uoa.gr wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am a proud user of Geany on Windows XP and I was just wondering
> > if there is a way to change the background colour of the editor
> Yes, but unfortunately, it isn't very comfortable.
>
> For general information, please read the manual[1]. There is described
> how to change the colours used for syntax highlighting.
> Probably, you want to use the "invert_all" option in filetypes.common.
>
> Perhaps, the discussion on [2] will also help you.
>
> If you need more help or have any other questions, please just ask.
>
> [1] http://geany.uvena.de/manual/ch04.html#filetypes
> [2] http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2007-February/000765.html
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key

Thanks for the answer. The invert did exactly what I was looking for!
I also have another question which might seem a bit silly but I am not very
experienced a coding.
What is the reason of existence of the vertical line , parallel to the sidebar,
in the editor area? Does it influence the code?
Can I alter the distance between it and the sidebar? cause the distance is 32
caracthers right now and seems to me a bit annoying.

Thanks in advance