[Geany] None-type colours - bug or feature? + split page?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Mar 10 12:10:39 UTC 2007

On 03/09/2007 05:38:16 PM, John Gabriele wrote:
> [...]
> One way to make it much easier to live without split window (on the
> same document or to deal with 2 different docs) would be if there were
> a bookmark mechanism coupled with a simple way to toggle back and
> forth between the two bookmarks. That is, I'd want to be able to set 2
> bookmarks, then bounce on, say, Ctrl-M ('M' for "mark" I suppose,
> since Ctrl-B is taken) to zip back and forth between them.
I like the idea. Also a keybinding to switch to the last used tab, as
has been suggested before. But sometimes it would really help to be
able to see different pieces of code side by side, and separate
instances are difficult or awkward to manage (at least on a 1024x768
resolution).

> Incidentally, if I click in the left margin of an editing window, I
> get a little green plus sign. There's no tooltip for it. What's it
> for?
Just as a visual indicator. When the markers margin is hidden those
lines have background highlighting (but of course it's not ideal
switching the margin on and off to do this. Maybe a keybinding to mark
the line would help when the margin is hidden.)

Regards,
Nick