[Geany] None-type colours - bug or feature? + split page?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Mar 9 18:16:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:21:13 -0500, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 3/9/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:38:18 -0500, "John Gabriele"
> > <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Misha, I've got the same issue. Though, I'm not using
> > > "color-inverted" mode -- instead, I've got some custom
> > > dark-themed low-contrast filetypes files set up (moved to
> > > http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/files/colors_to_hex.tar.gz
> > > from /temp BTW).
> > >
> > > Seems like it would be nice if there were a filetypes.none file
> > > where I could just set foreground and background. I tried copying
> >
> > Should we add one? Is it necessary? At the moment, the only values
> > for filetype None are the fore- and background colour which are by
> > default black and white(and in the last SVN version the other way
> > around if invert_all is set). But we can also add the file
> > filetype.none with just the one line to change the fore- and
> > background colours.
>
> I just grabbed and built r1378. When I open up a README, it's the same
> as before (black fg on white bg). But now I can't fiddle around
Do you use invert_all? If so, it should work.

> (switching filetype) and get my nice dark bg light fg back!
>
> I tried creating a ~/.geany/filedefs/filetypes.none file containing
> only:
>
> [styling]
> # foreground;background;bold;italic
> default=0xf0f0f0;0x5f5f5f;false;false
>
> and restarted Geany, but it doesn't seem to read it. It would be great
Ok, I added the style "default" to filetypes.common (SVN r1380). Now, it
should work as expected.