[Geany] None-type colours - bug or feature? + split page?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Mar 9 15:40:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:18:02 +0100, "Mikhail Savitsky"
<mikhail.savitsky at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Misha,

> 1. I am using geany in colour-inverted mode, but I do not think this
> is essential to the problem.
Well, it is.

> When I open a file with un-recognised extension, say .txt, is has type
> "None" and is black-on-white.
> When I switch the file type to, say, "Config file" is becomes
> colour-inverted, as it should have been
> when opened. Switching back to "None" keeps it colour-inverted, again
> as it is expected to be.
> Thus, to see a None-type file in correct colour (white-on-black) I
> have to switch its type to something and
> then back to "None". Minor nuisance or feature?
Let's call it bug. The black-on-white on first opening is wrong, it
should be white-on-black.
Furthermore, the remaining syntax highlighting when switching back to
filetype None is also unintented.
Both issues are fixed in SVN r1378. Thanks for reporting.

> 2. Any plans for splitting page?
No, sorry. At least I won't implement anything like this because I
really don't like it.