[Geany] Feature Request: FTP Support

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Wed Mar 7 20:43:47 UTC 2007

On 3/7/07, Lisandro <lichig at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you planing some FTP support for working with remote files?...
> I don't see anything about this in the todo list...

I don't think this would be a high priority thing for Geany devs, and
would probably be left for the future plugin framework. At least I
think that way (but keep in mind I'm no dev and I don't speak for
them)

One thing I think that can help you having Geany working with remote
files is (at least on Linux) having a FUSE FS driver (such as LUFS[1]
and CurlFtpFs[2]) to mount your FTP directories as local directories
and working inside it.

I am not sure how stable or mature these solutions are, neither have I
tested them, but I believe they can help you out.

Hope this helps,
Alexandre Moreira.

[1] http://lufs.sourceforge.net
[2] http://curlftpfs.sourceforge.net