[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jun 29 15:10:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:07:03 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Oops, I didn't want to remove tab/shift-tab, I meant replace
> ctrl-[shift]-I to be changed.
>
> > >[...]
> > > But if I remember correctly, Borland's editors use Ctrl+I and
> > > Ctrl+U for indent/unindent, so I guess it's impossible to not
> > > confuse somebody :-)
> > >
> I'd vote for this - I prefer having two adjacent keys for
> indent/unindent, and it's easy to remember. It wouldn't use up
> keybindings if we implemented indent by one space when holding shift
Why don't we just implement the feature, add key bindings for it but
leave them undefined so everyone who wants to use it can bind the
feature to any keys he likes.

As we know in the meantime, we are low on available keybindings,
especially on adjacent ones and we will get more actions. So IMO for
less common commands it's better to leave the default keybindings
undefined and let the user the choice of defining it.