[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jun 29 14:55:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:24:00 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > Applying this to Geany's current key bindings, F3/Shift-F3 is good.
> > Shift-Alt-D even makes sense this way. :)
> >
> > The inconsistent keys now become:
> >
> > * undo, redo: Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-Y. Maybe should be Ctrl-Z, Shift-Ctrl-Z?
No. Ctrl-z, Ctrl-Y is very common for undo/redo. Firefox and Audacity
are the only apps I just found on my system which are using
Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Shift-Z, all other tested apps(like Scite, Mousepad, Gimp,
OopenOffice, Sylpheed, Opera) use the Ctrl-Y for redo.
I really don't want to change this. Also because of the reason Nick
mentioned, Ctrl-Y is much more easier to reach than Ctrl-Shift-Z for
the often used Redo function.

> > * toggle line comment: Ctrl-B. Maybe should be Ctrl-B to comment,
> > Shift-Ctrl-B to uncomment? (That way it would be similar to how
> > Ctrl-G works.)
Where is the difference? It would be just a change of the default
bindings from Ctrl-(Shift)-G to Ctrl-(Shift)-B.

> > * toggle marker: Ctrl-M. Maybe Ctrl-M to mark, Shift-Ctrl-M to
> > unmark.
> >
> No, I think toggling is fine in that case. Also if we do end up
> using the '//~' trick from scite, toggling works there as well.
Yes, I think we really could use this '//~' trick.