[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Thu Jun 28 20:51:36 UTC 2007

> Nice idea but the problem is that it is still a global option and you
> need the preferences dialog if you just change it for one file. So I
> think John's suggestion is better.

To me, this just seems like a waste of a key binding. I almost never use
the tab key to "indent by spaces" because I already have Ctrl+I for that.

So I would prefer that [Tab] literally means "Tab" and Ctrl+I (or whatever)
means "indent", instead of using two key bindings to basically perform the
same task. In other words, a tab is a tab, and an indent is an indent,
in my mind they are simply not the same thing.

But as long as we end up with some way to insert tabs in Makefiles,
I'll be happy...

 - Jeff