[Geany] Produced new icon.

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Thu Jun 28 17:53:16 UTC 2007

John Gabriele wrote:
> On 6/28/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:37:23 +0200, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> >
>> > Some days ago we have been asked to "tangoish" our icon for better
>> > readability and contrast. So, I think your icon should be used for
>> > this. Would you like to ask for help on the tango list[1] or should I
>> > do?
>>
>> Ok I did it and the result is attached.
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>

> I think the front view looks ambiguous. The side view is good, but the
> handle on the lamp doesn't look quite right. The top of the handle
> looks like it's poking into and holding down the lid. The spout also
> seems a little small compared to the size of the lamp. Googling for
> "aladdin's lamp" or "genie lamp" pops up some interesting images.
>
> ---John

Well, I like it. Who said that icons should be a 100% accurate
representation of reality?

As long as it's clear what's it supposed to be -and this one is- it's
fine with me.

Maybe the handle can be a bit more larger, but I like it the way it is
now... (and it's much, much better than the current version!)

Cheers!

-H-