[Geany] colorschemes for Geany -- update

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 27 18:47:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:55:59 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd previously written a sorta clumsy tool for setting up Geany with a
> dark colorscheme, and posted about it here in case it was of interest
> to anyone. It involved copying some files around, and wasn't very
> flexible. I've since updated/rewritten it. Improvements are:
>
> * Now it's just one simple python script.
>
> * It's interactive. It'll ask you before it clobbers your existing
> ~/.geany/filedefs/filetypes.foo files -- if you answer 'y', it *will*
> of course clobber them.
>
> * Aside from the dark colorscheme, it now comes with a lovely light
> colorscheme. Nice low contrast, as usual B^). It's also flexible
> enough to add more colorschemes too.
>
> Dunno if it'll run on anything but a Gnuish OS (since it looks up
> $HOME and writes files to $HOME/.geany/filedefs). Anyhow, here it is:
>
> http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/files/set_geany_colors.py.bz2
>
> Enjoy. :)
Cool, thank you.

> Oh, also, seems like it would be useful if there was some easy way to
> reload those filetypes.foo files. Currently, every time I change them,
> I've got to quit and restart Geany to see the changes.
Yes, I think we'll add something like "reload config files".

> And, as long as I'm here, a feature request: when I select something
> like "0xffddee" and open the color chooser, it's great that it starts
> off showing me that color. But it really could use a palette where I
> can save colors while I'm picking and choosing.
Good idea. Added in SVN r1647.

> Also, when I hit ok, seems like it should go ahead and replace the
> original string I selected with the new one, right?
This was the idea. If you don't want it to add or replace the chosen
colour, just hit Cancel. Actually, it just inserts the text ignoring
any selection. I'm about to fix it.