[Geany] Feature request: default charset for open files

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jun 26 15:44:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:22:18 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:49:23 +0400, "Walery Studennikov"
> <despair at reg.ru> wrote:

> > > Isn't it enough you can choose the used charset in the file open
> > > dialog?
> >
> > No, because I can run geany for specific file from file manager, so
> > the commandline will be "geany %filename%", so I can't select
> > encoding in this case.
> Ok, I think we could add the requested option.
Added in SVN r1641.
The new option can be found in the preferences dialog in the Files tab.
It should work without problems but if anything goes wrong, please tell
me.