[Geany] Rights of new created shell-scripts

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 20 13:46:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:44:57 +0200, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
wrote:

Hi,

> > I'm not sure, what I should think about it.
> > If you create a new shell-script, rights are set to non-executable
> > (in my case it is 644). Sometimes, it is really annoying, to make
> > the file executable, before using it.
> > But also in some cases, a script doesn't need to be executable,
> > sometime its even dangerous.
> > So my question: What do you think about changing default value to
> > 744?
>

> Definitely a bad idea, IMHO. I also know of no editor that does that.
> The setting of the executable bit must be performed explicitly by the
> user.
Full ACK.

> > I could also imagine to add a new option into »Save as«-dialog, to
> > set the rights.
>
> That certainly would be a nice feature, not having to be forced to
> switch to a console to set the rights.
Any other opinions on this? Yet another checkbox in the Save as dialog?
In my opinion it would be sufficient to chmod the file on the command
line. But on the other hand, it is not much work to add such a checkbox.

What do you think?