[Geany] Rights of new created shell-scripts

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Fri Jun 15 07:44:57 UTC 2007

Hi Frank

Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure, what I should think about it.
> If you create a new shell-script, rights are set to non-executable (in
> my case it is 644). Sometimes, it is really annoying, to make the file
> executable, before using it.
> But also in some cases, a script doesn't need to be executable,
> sometime its even dangerous.
> So my question: What do you think about changing default value to 744?

Definitely a bad idea, IMHO. I also know of no editor that does that.
The setting of the executable bit must be performed explicitly by the user.

> I could also imagine to add a new option into »Save as«-dialog, to set
> the rights.

That certainly would be a nice feature, not having to be forced to
switch to a console to set the rights.

Bye
Tim