[Geany] Wrong starting tag for the fileheader in PHP files

Maxime Sadrieh (iKs) iks279 at xxxxx
Thu Jun 7 21:44:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using Geany 0.11 mainly for web programming and I've been editing
PHP's template to se if it can suit my needs.

The {fileheader} variable seems to automatically choose the right
comment and tags construction (if needed) to integrate into the target
file. Unfortunately it uses the <? and ?> open and close tags instead of
<?php and ?> in PHP files ! :(

As this tags may not work on some servers where the shorttags directive
is off (it can also be misinterpreted by an XML parser as a processing
instruction or an XML declaration), I suggest it's changed to the
original and portable way [1]

Thanks for taking my suggestion into account ;)
iKs.

PS: Please excuse my poor English, I'm French :D

[1] http://fr3.php.net/manual/en/language.basic-syntax.php