[Geany] Building on Windows

chuck ctl at xxxxx
Mon Jun 4 17:40:12 UTC 2007

Yes, I sent the patch in, but the response I got from Scintilla was:

"There's no visual indication that there is a multiline caret."

which is true because a zero-width rectangle has no border showing that
it exists.  If a selection rectangle had a border...  I haven't had time
to look into that yet. But for me, since I just made the selection, when
I type I know what to expect, and any motion key stops the process cleanly.

Anyway, As a result I must do it myself.  If there were enough people
interested (I have some threads from other projects where people want
the function) maybe a case could be made to Scintilla to include it anyway?

If you want to check it out, go to http://www.arrowtwins.com and look
for the Editor.cxx link.

chuck

ps.  Thanks for the cygwin tips.