[Geany] Geany and malloc on AIX 5.3

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jun 4 13:26:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:21:38 +0300, Harri Koskinen
<geany_fi at fastmonkey.org> wrote:

Hi,

> I just finished compiling Geany on AIX v5.3 and it now works
> after little tinkering.
Cool.

> The problem I encountered was that AIX doesn't have a 'malloc'
> conforming to 'GNU malloc', so configure defines 'malloc' as
> 'rpl_malloc'. Geany doesn't provide this replacement
> function so the compiling fails at link time.
>
> I bypassed this by editing config.h and Geany seems to work
> fine with native AIX malloc. But I think the right solution is
> to provide the replacement function as autoconf documentation
> suggests. Here's a sample, copy-pasted from the autoconf manual:
Ok, I committed the code in SVN r1596. No idea whether it works because
I only have a GNU compatible malloc ;-) (at least it compiled cleanly
after changing HAVE_MALLOC to 0 and defining malloc to rpl_malloc in
config.h).

Please test it and many thanks for reporting this.