[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue Jul 24 16:46:24 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 07/05/2007 08:15:20 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:09:58 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > That sounds preferable and easy to remember to me (delete line:
> > > Ctrl-K, cut line: Shift-Ctrl-K, go to line: Ctrl-L).
> > Ok, I'll do it tomorrow if nobody complains ;-).
> >

> I've been thinking it might be better to swap the default ctrl-k
> actions:
> 1. Delete Line is more destructive than Cut Line, so having to press
> shift as well makes it harder to do by accident - occasionally I don't
> hold down the shift key enough when doing the ctrl-shift keycombos.
> 2. Ctrl-k for 'K'ut line seems easier to remember.
>
> Anyone else agree?

Most often, I use Ctrl-K to gobble up some lines that I don't need.
One case where this shows up is: I cut or copy something to the
clipboard, navigate to where I want it, but first hit Ctrl-K or Enter
a few times to tidy up a bit before hitting Ctrl-V to paste. If Ctrl-K
was was cutting, I'd lose my previous selection.

---John