[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jul 24 16:04:35 UTC 2007

On 07/05/2007 08:15:20 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:09:58 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 7/5/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > > On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:47:30 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> > > <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > But we could bind Delete line or Cut line to Ctrl-K (and the other
> > > one to Ctrl-Shift-K or Ctrl-Alt-K, I don't care) and bind Go to
> > > line to Ctrl -L. What do you think?
> >
> > That sounds preferable and easy to remember to me (delete line:
> > Ctrl-K, cut line: Shift-Ctrl-K, go to line: Ctrl-L).
> Ok, I'll do it tomorrow if nobody complains ;-).

I've been thinking it might be better to swap the default ctrl-k
actions:
1. Delete Line is more destructive than Cut Line, so having to press
shift as well makes it harder to do by accident - occasionally I don't
hold down the shift key enough when doing the ctrl-shift keycombos.
2. Ctrl-k for 'K'ut line seems easier to remember.

Anyone else agree?

Also I've made pressing Escape focus the editor when using the
incremental search bar or goto line toolbar control.

Regards,
Nick