[Geany] colorscheme utility

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jul 24 11:21:38 UTC 2007

On 07/22/2007 11:14:51 PM, John Gabriele wrote:
> I was fiddling around a bit with Tkinter this weekend, and changed my
> little set_geany_colors.py utility from a command line program into a
> GUI app (now providing a goofy sort of "preview"). Also added a new
> colorscheme ("shades of green").
>
> http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/files/set_geany_colors.py.bz2

Thanks John. I've had a quick look at the code and you've done what
I've been meaning to do - unify the different lexer styles with a
common set. This is great work - I think somehow we could integrate or
at least copy the concept of doing this, perhaps as a plugin. For now I
don't think I'll work on it myself though.

I did get a problem when clicking 'make it so':
$ ./set_geany_colors.py
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1345, in __call__
     return self.func(*args)
   File "./set_geany_colors.py", line 796, in make_it_so
     icon=tkMessageBox.WARNING)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/tkMessageBox.py", line 105, in
askyesno
     s = _show(title, message, QUESTION, YESNO, **options)
TypeError: _show() got multiple values for keyword argument 'icon'

$ rpm -q tkinter python
tkinter-2.4.3-9.FC5
python-2.4.3-9.FC5

Regards,