[Geany] Geany on solaris (sun studio compiler)

S h i v shivakumar.gn at xxxxx
Tue Jul 24 01:27:05 UTC 2007

Hi Enrico,

On 7/16/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> As discussed in [1] the test for CC == gcc isn't the best idea. So we
> need a saner way to detect when we are on a Solaris system or better
> when we are using the Sun Studio compiler. What is CC set to when using
> the Sun Studio compiler? What about the ${build} and ${target}
> variables set by configure?
>
> [1] http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2007-July/001346.html

Sorry for the late reply had missed this mail.

This is sun-studio specific, with sun-studio the scintilla build
requires an additional lib -lCrun.
I was using the CC==gcc check to set/unset gcc specific compiler options.

I extended this for the library inputs assuming gcc is the one used on
any other platform. This has turned out to be incorrect.

${build} is set to "i386-pc-solaris2.11"
${target} is empty
${CC} is set to "<path>/cc"

None of these are suitable. For now, do not apply this particular part
of the patch.
The spec file I'll put (at
http://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk)
for building solaris packages will internally handle it.

I'll check and get back if it can be make part of geany build scripts.

regards
Shiv