[Geany] small usability suggestion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jul 20 10:57:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:19:17 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 7/19/07, Lee Underwood <leeu at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks, John. Now I understand. So when I see someone talking about
> > features in the current SVN, I can know that, once it is deemed
> > stable, the updated version will be "released", right?
> >

> Generally, the folks running the show wait until a number of features
> have been added, and have had time to be tested a bit before making a
> release.
>
> What's in svn is generally plenty stable though. At least, that's what
> I've found. Various factors can keep a release from happening. Maybe
> someone's waiting to add a pet feature, or docs just need to be
> updated, or maybe translation work has to be finished up (I don't know
> anything about that though).
It is generally exactly like that. Ok, if we would wait for some kind
of complete documentation we wouldn't have already version 0.11 ;-).
But most stoppers for a release are translation work or just
testing of new features.

Anyway, anyone who want to help developing Geany, just using it helps a
lot. The more people are testing the current SVn version with its new
features the more bugs can be detected and fixed so that the upcoming
release will be even better.