[Geany] [Patch] support for icons in symbols tree

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 19 16:06:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:57:08 +0200, Jean-François Wauthy
<pollux at xfce.org> wrote:

> Le jeudi 19 juillet 2007 à 16:47 +0100, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> > > As a side question, why do you parse the string stored in the
> > > treeview instead of simply adding a column storing the line
> > > number (as an integer) associated with the symbol in the model
> > > and not showing in tree ?
> > >
> > I find it's sometimes useful to see the line number of tags.
> >
> Yeah me too but what i meant is the fact that the code of geany parses
> the string instead of simply directly retrieving the line number from
> the tree model, which is quicker. Of course, this requires some
> changes in the code but should be easy.
Yes it is easy to change. I don't know why I didn't ntoiced this
earlier but the code to parse the line number is very old and probably
wasn't touched since it was written ;-).
Will be changed.