[Geany] code navigation

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jul 17 16:37:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:24:24 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 06/02/2007 11:12:58 PM, Dave Moore wrote:
> > A few other things I had in mind for it are:
> > - check to see if the pos were adding is already at navq[0] (to
> > avoid side
> > by side duplicates)
> > - allow back and forward to be keybound
> > - add to nav queue when:
> >    - clicking on a file in the compiler msgs window
> >    - clicking on a symbol in the symbols list
> >    - clicking on a line in the search results
> >    - jumping to a line(?)
> >    - clicking on a file in the open files tree (?)
> >    - switching to a different tab(?)
> >    - searching within a file(?)
> >
> I've added symbol list support, and preventing duplicates in the
> queue. I guess adding compiler and search results support might be
> good, although would they clutter up the queue? They seem to be
> temporary items, whereas tags are more likely to be returned to.
I'm not sure. Compiler messages could be nice but yes they are not that
consistent. But maybe we could use some smart code which removes all
navigation items in the queue from previous compiler messages. But to
be able to do this, the queue items need some information about the
source of the item. I don't know whether it is good idea at all. Seems
like big overhead for little use.

> Also we might want to limit the queue length - e.g. discard the
> earliest item once we reach say 25 items.
I think so too. 25 seems like a reasonable limit although form
me personally it could be a bit lower or we just make as a preference.